Wednesday 25 August 2010

Back to Vigeland's Park.


Norway, Oslo

My favourite Park !

I have gone a little overboard with my photographs. There is a reason. It serves as a record for fantastic compositions that explore emotions and relationships within human and nature's life's cycles. I have a posted pictures from this park before during the winter, you can also find information about the park and sculptures there.



The Monolith 


The granite sculptures on the circular staircase








Iris has brought Morris, her nursery school mascot.
I'm not sure what happened to Percy then.







The view down from the steps


The fountain that became a sculpture park. 

(a difference of a day)










Can you see the face that has appeared in the water? 
I'm not sure if it is Vigeland or Munch's 'Scream'








The reliefs that surround the fountain.





The Labyrinth

The Bridge







This is little 'Hot Head' The most famous statue in the park.
It looks like some vandals have stolen his hand.















The Wheel of Life



Monsters verses humans



Doors














Iron Gates






And still there is more.... but I will have a break here......
To follow soon will be sculptures and studies from the Vigeland Museum

1 comment: