Sunday 24 October 2010

My Choice: Favourites, Oddities, Unusual or Just Something Different at The AAF.

What I have begun to enjoy about posting pictures or writing within this blog is that the choices of what goes in are mine. It is far removed from what I may read about art. Often art is about what we are told is art. Who says something is worth £100 and something else £10,000? What if you don't agree? I often don't.
 The art in this blog becomes nothing more than what I see. Its about what I think about art and how I feel about it. There is no right or wrong. You may agree or maybe not. Somehow this stays within and influences me.

Shlomi Nissim, Little Red Cup.

This is my favourite image in The AAF this year. It's within a sequence of a set of three, this being the middle image. Standing alone it can be open to many different interpretations. It's a photograph, 90x110cm so feels raw and emotional up close. My first thoughts are of Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. It's only afterwards or within the sequence that you see it's a dog playing with it's owner. I love the power, strength and emotion. I also like the complimentary opposites of red and green together.

Becky Buchanan. 
These are Lush - thick, slick, sparkly with resin and I love them.



Rob Ryan's I opened My Heart



Kasia Kmita SMS


 These pictures are interesting. I was pleased as the lady showing them said that I was the only one who had worked out how they had been done (OK it was still morning). There is someone else who distorts and manipulates his figures digitally. At a glance they look similar. At a closer look you can see its a photograph of someone who has had their face painted over. Paint has then been scraped and squeezed on top to create depth and distance.













 Anyone for Wacky Races?







Dinah Dufton






 Weirdness.....


 Oddity 
Sunday Roast?











 This looks good, enamel on metal.



 A flower Island?

 I put these in for Iris

(Please excuse the lack of names as I didn't get much info)

No comments:

Post a Comment