Friday 16 July 2010


I've been looking for carousel photos in the hope of finding new characters for Itchycoo Land.













We went to Legoland at the weekend. It didn't occur to me that it may be useful to take photos. The rides are new, far from the beauty of old vintage carousels, but while thinking of my paintings I thought it was quite useful to get some images of the horses in different positions.



Daisy, Iris and Daddy enjoying a carousel ride.







A balloon ride, which I have included because in my further Itchycoo paintings I have sketched a floating city. There are houses and cars that hang from balloons and floating jellyfish, that get a little help by an occasional passing bird. While we were on the ride I was also thinking that perhaps Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was a bit more authentic.









And of course the lego houses. This is part of the Netherlands, I think. I took these photos as I had been thinking of rows of this type of style houses (when looking at the different roofs and windows) built on the branches of the trees in Itchycoo.





No comments:

Post a Comment